Robert Forouzandeh, born and raised in Santa Barbara, is a Partner at Reicker Pfau and has been with the firm since 2009.
Robert specializes in high stakes corporate, commercial and employment litigation matters involving virtually every industry. He has litigated disputes over commercial and international contracts, real estate developments, single and multi-plaintiff employment claims on behalf of employers, construction disputes, trademark infringement and trade secret misappropriation. Robert approaches litigation with a business perspective, acting aggressively when needed while seeking to apply out of the box practical solutions in order to resolve disputes quickly and in a cost efficient manner so that his clients can get back to doing what they do best, running and growing their businesses. His clients come from a broad range of high net worth individuals and businesses in the real estate, hospitality, construction, technology, manufacturing and banking industries.
Robert’s business and practical approach to problem solving and general business best practices has resulted in Robert being retained to act as outside general counsel for several local businesses including, Mesa Lane Partners, Cubes, Inc., Signature Parking and Strategic Incentives, guiding them on their day to day operations and implementation of best business practices.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. 2003
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D. 2006
Areas of Practice
- Litigation (Business, Commercial, Real Estate and Employment)
- Real Estate Transactions
- Outside General Counsel
- Santa Barbara Barristers – President (2013), Board of Directors (2010-2013)
- William L. Gordon American Inn of Court
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association – Board of Directors (2015)
- Bishop Garcia Diego High School – Board of Trustees (2016-Present)
- Pacific Coast Business Times 40 Under 40 Class of 2015
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016
Notable Litigation Matters
- Represented real estate purchaser in suit against title company arising from missed easement which resulted in $1.8 million verdict on behalf of the purchaser.
- Represented California manufacturer in suit against Chinese manufacturer and California subsidiary in federal court over trademark and trade secret misappropriation, which resulted in the issuance of an injunction followed by a favorable settlement.
- Represented bio-tech company in suit against software developer to prevent disclosure of source code to third parties, which resulted in the issuance of an injunction followed by a favorable settlement.
- Represented restaurant chain in a wage and hour class action suit involving more than 750 class members.
- Represented California manufacturer against multi-national corporation in suit alleging trade secret misappropriation and poaching of out of state employees.
- Represented individuals against foreign corporation in suit alleging international money laundering scheme.
- Represented educational institution in suit by 70 former students over alleged misrepresentations about school’s accreditation status.
- Represented Mesa Lane Partners in an eight figure joint venture deal to purchase and develop the Inn at Mattei’s Tavern, a 64 room luxury wine country resort in Los Olivos.
- Represented real estate development firm in eight figure private equity raise.